Bava: white or red? Green!
Bava is a winery with a great attention on low environmental impact and with a tradition towards sustainability. “Listen to nature and follow her lead” is our daily inspiration in the vineyards as well as in the cellars.
- Reduction in carbon footprint and compensation of the emissions through forest growing, on a perspective of company sustainability.
- No herbicides and chemical fertilizers on our vineyards.
- Vineyard grassing throughout with gramineous plants and clover.
- Re-use of grass clipping and prunings as vineyard fertilizers with the goal of increasing the organic substance in the soil.
- Selection and differential re-use of packaging like glass, paper, plastic and wood.
- All poles in our vineyards are made of wood coming from cultivated forests.
- Collection and re-use of rainwater for agricultural purposes.
- Three photovoltaic systems installed on the roofs of our company account for all energy requirement of our winery.
- Bottles manufactured with 80% recycled glass and reduced bottle weight allow us to save on materials and transportation costs.
- Use of natural corks only.
- Zero residuals: as a consequence of our low environmental impact approach in vineyard, our wines show no chemical residuals of the treatments.